Do you love fried foods, but often feel guilty for consuming too much unhealthy fat from the cooking oil? Well, you can say goodbye to excessive oil and fat now because we now have air fryers! Using only a very small amount of cooking oil (one tablespoon or less), an air fryer will then utilize hot air to fry the food – frizzling them with just a minimum level of added fat. Right now, there are two popular models of air fryers: Philip AirFryer and Tefal ActiFry. Each of these two products has each own unique features and properties; so, make sure that you are aware of the differences before you make a choice!
Putting them next to each other, you can immediately see that Philip AirFryer is relatively more compact compared to Tefal ActiFry. Philip AirFryer is indeed taller, but, to the sides, it is smaller. It doesn’t take too much surface area, making it a feasible solution if you have limited space available in your kitchen. On the other hand, Tefal ActiFry is very bulky, so you need to have a good space for the model to fit in your kitchen.
These two products are also designed quite differently from each other. Philip AirFryer comes with an opaque lid. The internal construction is double-layered, with a removable cooking bowl. Philip AirFryer does not stir the food, so, after you put in the food and set the timer, you will need to give the basket a shake halfway through. On the other hand, Tefal ActiFry features a transparent steam-free lid that allows you to see the food inside as you cook. Tefal ActiFry uniquely stirs the food in the process. In addition, Tefal ActiFry also comes with a larger capacity than Philip AirFryer so that you will be able to cook more at once. Both products’ removable parts are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and maintenance.
In terms of performance, both products actually cook very well. They cook evenly and perfectly. You will find that the potato chips you made using Philip AirFryer to be similar to Tefal ActiFry’s potato chips. On the other hand, you need to consider carefully about what kinds of food that you want to cook using the air fryer. Tefal ActiFry is suitable for potato chips, sausage curries, stir fries, and anything that can withstand the stirring. Philip AirFryer is perhaps more versatile, as it can take in more varieties of food including for baking muffins and brownies, for preparing a barbecue, and for defrosting frozen foods.
Philip AirFryer Vs Tefal ActiFry
|Name||Philip AirFryer||Tefal ActiFry|
|Key Features||- Air is the new oil! Fry healthier with up to 75% less fat.
- Fastest and most even results thanks to the unique and patented starfish design.
- Gordon Ramsay teams up with Philips Airfryer to show you how making healthy meals can be both fast and delicious.
- Prepare exclusive Gordon Ramsay designed recipes in the Philips Airfryer.
- Philips Airfryer is the world’s #1 Airfryer with over 5 Million units sold. 100% taste satisfaction.||- Cook all your favorite fried food (up to 2.2 lbs) with only a tablespoon or less of oil
- Simple on/off switch and digital countdown timer with buzzer for easy monitoring
- Removable ceramic-coated nonstick pan (PTFE and PFOA free) for easy clean up
- Secure lid for safe splatter-free cooking; stay-cool exterior; filter for odorless cooking
- Color recipe book (38 recipes) and measuring spoon included; dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup|
|Ratings*||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||4.1 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Tefal ActiFry is great if you can benefit from the larger capacity. However, for an air fryer that is versatile for a variety of purposes, you should choose Philip AirFryer.