The Polar FT40 and FT60, are both types of heart monitors which can be used during physical activities and exercise. It is beneficial to keep track of heart rate during exercise, to make sure that one is not over-exerting themselves. Both these different models of heart rate monitors have various features and the purpose of this review, is to compare and contrast these, to see which one is the best option for potential buyers.
The Polar FT60 is more expensive that it’s counterpart, mainly due to the extra features which it has. The FT60 has added functionality, in the form of a stopwatch application, an extra valuable feature which the FT40 does not have. The stopwatch allows the user to time their workout sessions or runs, making it easier for them to tailor their fitness routines to their capabilities and to measure performance more effectively. Numerous online reviews that pit the Polar FT40 vs FT60, state that the former is the better piece of equipment. This is due to the fact that the Polar FT60 has a far superior battery life, both with transmission and receiving. In comparison, the FT40 has an average battery life of less than a year, making it a far less reliable piece of equipment.
Polar FT40 vs FT60
|Name||Polar FT40||Polar FT60|
|Key Features||- Perfect for active exercisers who want clear guidance and to monitor their fitness level
- Displays calories burned, stores 50 training files, displays weekly workout history and has backlight ideal for indoor cycling classes
- Comes with comfortable fabric transmitter strap and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk. Downloads to free online training diary with optional FlowLink accessory
- Helps you exercise smarter with unique Smart Coaching features such as EnergyPointer,||- Women's wrist unit heart rate monitor tells you exactly how much, and how intensively, to train
- Device creates a training program based on personal goals and sets new weekly training targets, while giving feedback on effect of your training
- Smart Coaching System includes Fitness Test, OwnZone, OwnCal, Star Training Program, and Training Load
- Comes with Polar FT60 training computer, WearLink+ transmitter, and Getting Started Guide
- Includes limited two-year manufacturer's warranty|
|Ratings||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||4.2 out of 5.0 stars
|Best Offer||Save 36%
please click here||Save 33%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Overall, the Polar FT60 is a more preferable product than the FT40 model for a number of reasons. Not only does it contain more features, there is not a dramatic difference in price, meaning that the buyer ultimately gets more for their money. The FT60 model, also has a far more appealing appearance and style than it’s counterpart, meaning that it is perhaps a more desirable product on an aesthetic level, as well as a functional level. For a slight increase in price, the user can have much more reliability from the FT60, due to it’s increased length of battery life. In concluding, it is better to purchase the more expensive FT60, as it will mean less chance of having to replace the item or it’s battery soon after it is bought.